Last Updated: June 6, 2013
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you: access or use the Services; purchase our products; participate in a survey, contest, promotion, activity, or event; subscribe to our newsletter; communicate with us via third-party social media sites; request customer support; or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, birth date, photographs, information about your exercise habits, demographic information, transaction history, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Services
When you access or use the Services, Brooks may also automatically collect information about you such as:
• Log Information. We log information about you when you visit and use the Services, including your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, operating system, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider ("ISP"), and the web pages that you visit.
• Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. We may automatically collect information about you using cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. "Cookies" are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. Among other things, cookies help us to improve the Services and your experience, understand which areas and features of the Services are popular, and count visits. For more information about removing or rejecting cookies, please see "Your Privacy Choices" below. We may also collect information via web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"), which are electronic images that may be used in the Services or in emails. Among other things, web beacons help us to monitor user activity, deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
Brooks may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you.
We may use the information we collect about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
• Provide, maintain, and improve the Services;
• Provide and deliver products and services, process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
• Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service;
• Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, contests, sweepstakes, rewards, and events, and provide other news and information about Brooks and our select partners;
• Process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and prizes;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Services;
• Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities;
• Personalize and improve the Services, and provide content, features, and/or advertisements that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on the Services; and
• Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
Our Services are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
• With third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who are working on our behalf and who require access to your information to carry out their work;
• When you sign up for and participate in the interactive areas of our Services, certain information about you may be displayed publicly, such as your name, photos, and any other information you choose to provide;
• With third-party retailers that help you place an order using our Services when you shop in their stores;
• In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
• If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights and property of Brooks or others;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
• With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on the Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features.
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Third Party Advertising and Analytics
Your Privacy Choices
Online Account Information
You may access, update and correct your online account information at any time by logging into your online account and updating your preferences. If you wish to delete your online account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Brooks by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your account or our ongoing relations.